min prep time
hours cook time
min cook time
Cauliflower Steaks with Microgreen Sauce
Featured Clayton Farms Greens: Broccoli Microgreens
- 1 head cauliflower
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tsp smoked paprika
- 1 tsp onion powder
- Salt and freshly ground pepper to taste
- cauliflower bits and pieces (reserved from head slices.about 3 Cups)
- 1⁄2 cup canned chickpeas – drained
- 1 cup chicken stock
- 1⁄2 tsp onion powder
- 1⁄4 tsp Garlic powder
- 1 cup broccoli microgreens
- milk (as needed)
- 1⁄2 tsp salt
- 1⁄4 tsp pepper
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- Remove leaves from cauliflower head and carefully slice 2, 3⁄4 to 1-inch-thick slices from center of the head.Reserve all the rest of the cauliflower head bits andpieces for the sauce. The bits and pieces will yield about3 Cups worth.
- Place the slices on an oiled baking sheet.
- In a small bowl, whisk the olive oil, smoked paprika and onion powder together. Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Brush 1⁄2 of the oil mixture on the cauliflower slices and bake for 10 minutes.
- During this time, start preparing the sauce.
- In a medium saucepan with a lid on, bring the chicken stock to a boil and add the cauliflower bits. Gently boil for 10 minutes until the cauliflower has softened.
- Remove the cauliflower from the oven and flip the slices over. Brush the remaining 1⁄2 of the oil mixture on the slices and return to the oven. Lower the oven temp to 400 degrees and bake for 15 more minutes.
- Pour the boiled cauliflower and all the cooking liquid from the saucepot into a blender. Add the chickpeas, onion powder, garlic powder, butter, salt, pepper, lemon juice, and microgreens. Blend until smooth.
- If sauce is too thick, blend in a bit of milk to desired consistency.
- Remove cauliflower steaks from the oven and transfer to plates.
- Serve with sauce and garnish with microgreens.
Want more recipes straight to your inbox?