min prep time
hours cook time
min cook time
Microgreens Avocado Toast
- sliced bread of your choice - i prefer a whole grain sprouted bread
- 1 cup broccoli sprouts
- ground pepper
- Slice your bread if needed. Toast it!
- Slice up an avocado. Choose a ripe avocado and use knife to cut in half lengthwise around the pit. Then use a small paring knife to score the avocado in a diamond pattern for cubes of avocado. Use a spoon to scoop the flesh away from the skin of the avocado and place in a bowl
- Cut a lemon into slices. Squeeze lemon onto the avocado to taste. Grind fresh pepper over the avocado and add coarse salt to taste
- Spoon olive oil evenly onto the toast
- Add generous quantity of fresh broccoli sprouts to the toast - arrange evenly on the toast
- add the avocado evenly over the bed of broccoli sprouts
- Garnish with fresh radish slices
I find that not dressing the broccoli sprouts keeps the dish light and fresh with lots of flavor in the tang of lemon, creaminess of avocado, and the olive oil on the toast all layered in. For a variation, you may want to dress the sprouts, or add the radishes on top. Or swap out micro radish microgreens for the broccoli sprouts, or add other fresh veggies. This is a dish you can play with and have fun with!
Super simple prep here. This delicious dish is a great breakfast, lunch or snack. It's filling and super nutritious.
Want more recipes straight to your inbox?