min prep time
hours cook time
min cook time
Squash and Chard Lasagna Soup
Featured Clayton Farms Greens:
- Rainbow Chard
- Pea Microgreens
- 4-5 Clayton Farms chard leaves and their stems
- 1 cup Clayton Farms pea microgreens
- 6-9 lasagna sheets
- I small butternut squash diced
- 1 sweet onion
- 1 carrot
- 3 garlic cloves
- 1⁄2-1 lb. ground beef - seasoned with salt and pepper
- 6 cups beef bone broth
- 1 cup milk
- 1 Tbsp olive oil or butter
- I Tbsp tomato paste
- 1 tsp basil, oregano, paprika, toasted fennel seeds1 Tbsp salt
- Pinch of cayenne pepper and black pepper
- Dice up your chard and stems, onion, carrot, pea microgreens, garlic cloves.
- Peel and cut the squash. De-seed the squash and dice up too.
- Season beef w salt and pepper. Cook the beef in a skillet until cooked and set aside.
- Heat up oil or butter in a big pot and sweat the onion, carrots, and chard stems until lightly browned and soft.
- Then add garlic and squash and continue sautéing for 5 more minutes.
- Add tomato paste, stir, and pour in 4 cups of the broth. Simmer until the squash has softened.
- Take away 1 cup of the liquid from the squash veggie mixture and blend in a blender with 1 cup of milk.
- Add blended portion back into the veggie mixture along with the beef, spices, chard leaves and additional 2 cups of broth.
- Break lasagna pieces up, add to the pot, and simmer until pasta is cooked to your liking.
- Add pea microgreens on top and enjoy!
Want more recipes straight to your inbox?