Arugula & Pea Microgreens Lemon Orzo Salad
This recipe is adapted from one on @avirtualvegan
Super fresh and lemony! In this version, I added pea microgreens & since I like a LOT of greens, I increased the ratio of greens to orzo 🌱🌱🌱
I also included whole wheat orzo for added fiber, nutrition and a varied texture. This is a great side dish, or you can add chickpeas or another protein for a light meal!
Featured CF Greens:
- Pea Microgreens
- 5 cups arugula
- 2 cups microgreens
- 1 and 1/2 cup whole wheat orzo
- Salt for water
- ¼ cup olive oil
- 2.5 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 tbsp maple syrup
- minced garlic, about 1 teaspoon
- ½ tsp ground black pepper
- ½ tsp fine salt
- add dressing ingredients to a 12 oz mason jar and shake to combine
- use kitchen scissors to chop pea microgreens to 1 inch pieces
- wash and chop arugula to bite size pieces
- salt pasta water and bring water to a boil
- add orzo and boil until al dente. Whole wheat orzo will take longer than traditional orzo - test at 4 minutes
- drain orzo and add to a bowl.
- shake dressing up once more, and pour 1/2 of dressing over orzo. Add greens and mix. The warm pasta will blanch the greens.
- add additional dressing to taste, add additional fresh ground pepper to taste.